The CENTENNIA Historical Atlas
A dynamic, animated guide to a thousand years of history...
The Centennia Historical Atlas desktop app runs on Windows (10/8/etc.) and Apple MacOS. The app requires 20 megabytes of disk space. Centennia does not have any other significant system requirements, and it will run well on almost any computer manufactured in the past ten years. Three languages are included: English, German, and Greek. To change languages, open the app and hit "E" on your keyboard for English (EN), "D" for German (DE), or "L" for Greek (EL).
Centennia Nations Edition is available for free. Download it below. Centenia Nations Edition covers the 150-year period from 1789 to 1939 and is available at no cost. To access the full time period, all ten centuries from 1000 AD to the present, you will need to purchase an access code. All data are included in this download. If you decide to purchase an access code in the future, you will not need to download again, and you will have immediate access to the full ten centuries in the Complete Edition of the Centennia Historical Atlas.
Download Centennia for Windows:
The Windows download (fully compatible with Windows 10/8/7 etc.) is a standard Windows Setup program. Download it and then double-click "Centennia Setup" to install.
Download Centennia for Macintosh:
The MacOS download is a disk image (dmg) file. Download it, then drag the Centennia app to your computer's desktop or Applications folder. Double-click to run. Compatible with macOS 10.15 (Catalina).
Other Download Options:
Have an older version of the Centennia Historical Atlas? If you purchased your access code within the past ten years (January 2009 or more recently) then you can continue to use your current access code. If you purchased before that, you'll need an upgrade. Contact us for details.
San Diego, California
Conanicut Island USA
Can you email me and let me know if you have any deals for students? I would love to be able to assign this to my students in my European History survey class this summer. Thanks, Phillip Perry, Ottawa.
Conanicut Island USA
- Mac users:
64-bit version, required for macOS Catalina now available.
- Download here. If you already have a license code, it will work with the 64-bit edition.
- Centennia: Research Edition ($) extensive GIS versions of Centennia's primary historical database, CRE has been developed for academic research. Institutional licensing fees apply.
- Centennia: Nations Edition 1789-1939 FREE.
- German and Greek included.
- Physical copies now on USB flash (or CD-ROM).
- Get it here, by download or on USB or CD, or buy on Amazon: USB or CD.
- Review by Kevin Kelly, founder/editor of WIRED magazine.
- Frank Reed, Creator of the Centennia Atlas, guest expert on Neil deGrasse Tyson's StarTalk.
- Like us on Facebook: / HistoricalAtlas.
© Copyright 2020, Frank Reed, Clockwork Mapping, Conanicut Island USA.